Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sheesh!

I wish I had something creative and enlightening to talk about, but all I can say is Sheesh! This week has been pretty frustrating. My students seem to have turned helpless and clueless. Put this together with middle school hormones and 8th grade-itis and it makes for a very looonngg day.

We also have a 6 year old little girl who is pushing every one of our buttons. Claire is a very strong willed, single minded young lady. I am told this these traits will serve her well when she is older and I just laugh and say, "If she lives that long!" Ahhh....I kid. I think. I think she is one of those types who will make a fabulous older kid/adult. She is just not a compliant kid often acts like a little grown up. What she has to learn is that there is an order to things. You have to be a kid and learn the ropes. Earn your rights. Pay your dues.

One of my strongest traits (so I've been told) is my deep well of patience. I guess God gave me this deep well because he knew he was sending me a wonderfully creative little girl who would charm every one around her while challenging (never rudely or defiantly...thank goodness) the world around her. She certainly blazes her own trail. She is not afraid to try new things or to challenge herself. She just does it on her own time....in her own way.

Sheesh....At least I know that nothing worth while, nothing that has value comes easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment