Thursday, January 13, 2011

So, Hi....I'm still here

Sheesh! You make a resolution and then out the door it goes!! One of my top resolutions for this year was/is to keep up with this here blog. So far, not so great on that one. The last post was exactly 10 days ago. I blame getting back into the swing of things at school. It's been a little harder than usual to get going again. Two weeks back and I still don't have it all together.

Anywho....I do have a vision and a purpose for this blog. My dad told me one day, after I had been feeling particularly whiney and woe-is-me, that he hoped I was able to find my voice. At first I was a little miffed. It's not like I'm feeling lost or forlorn or anything. I'm just feeling scattered. I'm pulled in so many different directions as a wife, a mom to a 6 year old, a mom to an infant, a teacher, a colleague, a maid, a cook a friend (oo...is it bad that friend is at the end of this list?). Wow! As I look at that list, maybe I am a little lost. At best, I'm drowned out by all the other noise in my life...not that the noise is bad...it's just loud.

Maybe what I need to do is not so much find my voice as I need to let my voice be a little louder (or a lot louder depending on the day).

Even if no one ever reads this little ole blog o mine, I want this to be a place for my voice to be heard. It won't be a design blog or a cooking blog or a parenting blog or a spiritual blog. It will be a patchwork quilt of all of those. Throw in some creative writing and photographs and it ought to be a colorful blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment