Monday, January 24, 2011

Once a Week

So it looks like I am to be a once a week blogger....for now anyway. It's not that I don't have ideas or that I don't have anything to say. It's just that once a week seems to be the only amount of time I can carve out during this busy time of year.

This is the part of the school year when time move S-L-O-W-L-Y!!! We've had a few dreary days and it just saps all of my energy. I move like molasses and my brain goes all foggy. There is no way I could ever live in the Northwest. I would have a textbook case of SAD. It seems to have affected my students as well. My 8th graders have a serious case of 8th grade-itis and I feel like I have to tap dance to get them to pay attention.

There is good news, however. The countdown has begun. The Spring semester at our school goes sooooo fast! There are lots of fun activities that break up the weeks of regular learning and keep everyone refreshed. There are a few 4 day weeks and Spring Break to look forward to and then in a blink of an eye it will be Summer.

Now I love my school and I love my kids. Really, I do. But I have a new baby to enjoy and a house that needs my attention and a husband that would like for me to stay awake later than 10 pm and an energetic 6 year old who wants to show off her mad bicycle riding skills! My friend and I laughed and said that living life...going to dr's appointments, getting our hair done, going to the grocery store, eating, sleeping....is a full time job and our job job is taking time away from that. HA!

Ahh....the pesky need to have money to pay for pesky things like food, shelter and clothing. Such is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment